Long time Windows users will remember a feature called the Start Menu that was introduced with Windows 8. While it has a lot of fans, it’s been difficult for it to gain traction for Windows 10, as it was replaced with the new Modern UI. The core functionality of the Start Menu was carried over to the Windows 10 taskbar, and this has been handled mostly by third-party apps that add new features and functionality. But here’s one more app that brings the Start Menu functionality to Windows 10.
This is the best tutorial in which I have ever seen on how to install Searchbar in Windows 10.
There are so many methods to get rid of the annoying search box in Windows 10 that it can be difficult to keep track of them all. Did you know that you can also get rid of Cortana completely? We have compiled a list of tricks below that will help you remove Cortana from your Windows 10 search bar. By default, the “Search” feature in Windows 10 requires you to use the “Cortana” feature, which is a Microsoft personal assistant. The search box in Windows 10 has been integrated into the taskbar for a more streamlined experience. To remove Cortana, follow the steps below.
This option is extremely useful while working, and the ability to access it in different ways saves time. In this article, we are going to present you some options to use the Windows 10 search bar without Cortana, so read it with interest.
How do you use the Windows 10 search bar without Cortana?
1. Use the Windows key
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, but do not click on any other icon or name.
- Start by typing the name of the file you are looking for using the keyboard.
- Windows 10 will show you a number of similarities.
2. Search by category
- Click on the search bar.
- At the top of the search menu you will see different categories.
- Enter a keyword and click on a category to filter the results.
3. Using the File Explorer folder
- Open the file explorer.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to find the file.
- In the top right corner of the window, type a few characters that correspond to your hunting object and press Enter.
- Click on the desired result in the list of recommended results below.
If File Explorer does not work properly – it does not open, load, or crash frequently – you cannot perform the above procedure. This File Explorer troubleshooting guide is exactly what you are looking for.
4. Regulating the visibility of search terms
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Click Search.
- Select the desired option by clicking on it.
- Your configuration is changed in the left taskbar, next to the Windows icon.
5. Troubleshooting the search bar
- Press Windows + I to open the settings window.
- Click Update and Security.
- Select Troubleshooting and go to Advanced Troubleshooting.
- In the Advanced Troubleshooting window, under Other Troubleshooting, select Search and Index.
- Click Run Troubleshooter and select the problem in the search box.
6. Reset Windows Search
- Press Windows + I to open the settings.
- Click Update and Security.
- On the left side, click Windows Update, and then click Check for Updates.
- Install all available updates.
- Restart the computer if updates are needed.
As you can see, after the changes to Cortana and Windows in 2019, you can take some new steps to manage the search bar. Here’s our guide on how to use the Windows 10 search bar without Cortana. We hope that at least one of these solutions will meet your needs. But if you consider yourself a die-hard Cortana fan, you can still use it. If you have any issues with Cortana, you can always check this guide to know how to fix the problem that Cortana is not working. Let us know which of the above solutions worked for you. Please use the comment field. Still having problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.Cortana (Microsoft’s virtual assistant) is one of the most popular features of Windows 10 and many folks find her extremely helpful. However, there are times when you either want to uninstall Cortana or simply want to hide her from the search bar. If you want to be able to fully customize the Windows 10 search bar, I have written a guide detailing how to do so.. Read more about disable cortana windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I search Windows 10 without Cortana?
Cortana is one of the best features of Windows 10, but you may want to remove her from your search bar. If you want to search using just the Start Menu, you can follow this guide. If you want to remove Cortana completely, this guide will show you the way. Cortana has been the bane of many users’ existence since its launch on Windows 10. But here’s some good news: Windows 10 now lets you use your voice to search for files, and Microsoft has made it easier than ever to turn Cortana off.
How do I remove Cortana from my search bar?
Cortana is a nice little feature that allows you to access your Windows 10 settings with just a few keystrokes. However, she can be a bit intrusive, especially if she’s on the taskbar. If that’s the case, this tutorial will walk you through a simple way to get rid of Cortana. One of the most annoying things about Windows 10 is the fact that it’s constantly spying on you in a way that you don’t even know about. What is this annoying spyware? Cortana is the name of the voice assistant that is installed by default, and it is meant to make your life easier by providing you with information and suggestions based on what you ask it to do.
How do I disable Cortana and enable search?
Windows 10 users are used to the new system which offers a much improved Cortana search experience, but many still miss that old, good ol’ Cortana, who used to help them with their search queries. This simple tutorial will help you disable Cortana in Windows 10 using the Control Panel. I have tried to find a way of forcing Cortana to be off with no success. I have tried making a new file in the registry but it doesn’t work. I have tried searching on the internet through google and other search engines but also no success.
Feedback,windows 10 search bar settingswindows 10 2004 disable web searchdisable cortana windows 10how to enable cortana search barwindows 10 search settingswindows 10 remove search bar from taskbar group policy,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 search bar settings,windows 10 remove search bar from taskbar group policy,windows 10 2004 disable web search,disable cortana windows 10,how to remove search bar from desktop windows 10,how to enable cortana search bar,windows 10 search settings,remove search bar from home screen | windows 10